This page is under construction and still has many faulty links.
This page will contains slides of some talks I gave.
I plan to provide separately:
an integrated list,
a bibtex file,
a commented thematic bibliography,
a selection of slides,
a publication list,
web pages of my coauthors.
Slides of an invited talk at the EMS/CMS joint mathematical week-end in Barcelona in september 2005
- Slides of invited talks at the séminaire de probabilité du LPMA
in january 2014 (pdf), and at the
journée Cartes at LIPN in november 2013
present a joint work with Razvan Gurau on regular colored
- Slides of an invited talk at the Math department Colloquium of the LAREMA in june 2013
This is a
introductory talk to ramified cover enumeration and the combinatorial approach to map enumeration via trees.
- Slides of an invited talk at the workshop Quantum gravity in
Paris-Orsay in mars 2013
This is a
talk for a mixed math/physics audience on the links between trees and maps, focusing on the case of triangulations.
- Slides of an invited talk at the Colloquium de l'institut Camille Jordan in Lyon in mai 2012 (french) (pdf).
This is a general purpose talk on bijective map enumeration and applications to the study of large random maps.
- Slides of 3 invited lectures at the séminaire lotharingien de
combinatoire in march 2012
This is an
introduction to bijective combinatorics of trees, maps and ramified coverings.
- Slides of an invited talk at the Journées de Combinatoire de Bordeaux in february 2012 (french) (pdf).
presents Hurwitz formula and its bijective proof.
- Slides of an invited talk at the séminaire parisien de combinatoire énumérative et analytique in december 2010 (french) (pdf).
This is an introduction to combinatorics of trees and maps, with a glipse of recent developement
by Bernardi, Chapuy and Fusy.
- Slides of an invited talk at the conference Analysis of
Algorithms in Frejus in june 2009 (pdf).
This is an
introduction to combinatorial entropy and succinct data
Same talk was also given at SIESTE in ENS Lyon in february 2010
Slides of a talk in honor of Robert Cori in Paris in june 2009
A talk about Cori-Vauquelin's bijection on maps
Slides of a talk in honor of Philippe Flajolet in Paris in december 2008
This is a short talk about random sampling
Slides of a talk in front of the Academie of Science in Paris in
october 2007 (pdf).
This is a very short talk about maps and trees.
Slides for the receipt of the european price in combinatorics in the Real Alcazar of Sevilla in september 2007
This is a short talk with some nice conjectures about graphs
with minimal genus g at the end.
Slides of an invited talk at the Enrage network workshop in Edinburgh in april 2006
This is an updated version, intended for an
mathematical physics audience, of the Barcelona talk below.
Slides of an invited talk at the JGA (journees de geometrie algorithmique)
in Le Bessat in january 2006 (pdf).
These slides, in french, give
- an introduction to Schnyder trees, canonical orders and Schnyder's graph drawing algorithm,
- an introduction to entropy optimal encoding of combinatorial structures and a short description of the Poulalhon-Schaeffer algorithms for the optimal encoding of planar triangulations.
These slides give
Slides of an invited talk at the 54th seminaire lotharingien de combinatoire,
in honor of the 60th birthday of Xavier Viennot in march 2005
- random maps as a model of random discrete surfaces
- the labeled tree approach to the study of distances in random maps (joint work with Philippe Chassaing)
- the extension to higher genus surfaces (joint work with Michel Marcus).
These slides present various interpretations of the
super-Catalan numbers of order 2.
Slides of an invited lecture in the european graduate program on
Combinatorics, Geometry and Computation, in Berlin in may 2004
These slides present the bijection between unrooted
binary trees and quadrangulations of a hexagon and its application to
3-connected planar graphs sampling and mesh encoding.
Slides of two invited lectures at
the joint Rencontres mathematiques and Séminaire Hypathie
at the ENS Lyon in 2002
(1st part: ps, pdf,
2nd part: ps, pdf).
These slides form a nice introduction to my work on maps.
Slides of an invited talk at the 7th seminar on Analysis of Algorithms in 2001
The first part survey map enumeration and random map
properties and offers a bijective proof of Tutte's formula.
- The second part
present the proof of the diameter conjecture.
These slides present
- the diameter conjecture, which was since
proved by myself and Philippe Chassaing,
- the asymptotic enumeration of prime alternating links.
Le 17 décembre 2003