The DaScIS (Data Science in the insurance Sector) Chair organizes the “Data Science in Action” event on November 16th in the campus of Ecole Polytechnique (amphi Gay Lussac ).
This half-day consists
- of presentations by senior managers and data scientists of the AXA Group, and important speakers from academia. These presentations provide insight into business issues and case studies of machine learning techniques or applying big data in the field of insurance.
- a social event - reception at 17:30
If you are going to attend please register your name and email - to this form. We need this for logistic reasons.
The full schedule of event follows below. I would like to stress among others the key note of Professor Jie Tang from Tsinghua University, Beijing with a very interesting talk on open academic data.
- 14:00 J. Biot, President Ecole Polytechnique
- 14:15 M. Vazigiannis, Chair Holder - "Presentation of the Chair Activities"
- 14:30 Gaelle Olivier - CEO of AXA Global P&C – “Strategic vision of Insurance and Data”
- 15:00 Richard Benjamins - Head of the AXA data innovation lab - "Role of AXA in Global Data community"
- 15:30 Coffee break
- 16:00 S. Guinet (Founding CEO of Kamet (AXA Strategic Ventures fund) – “Presentation of portfolio projects"
- 16:30 Jie Tang - Professor, Tsinghua University - "AMiner: toward understanding big science data"
- 17:00 Wrap up - Discussion - Marcin Detyniecki - AXA
- 17:30 Cocktail "Salle des Cadres"