- A special issue of the Journal
of Global Optimization, co-edited by S. Cafieri, L. Liberti and
F. Messine, is calling for papers related to global optimization from
the workshop participants: here is the call for
papers. Please send your paper by February 15, 2011 (extended
deadline - previously January 15) to
email@example.com, specifying you are submitting a paper for the TOGO10 special issue. Papers will be handled as soon as they are received.
- Conference venue: detailed instructions
- Program: program sheet, timetable and proceedings
- Social events: welcome reception on mon 30/8, Pierre's birthday party on tue 31/8, conference dinner on thu 2/9 (all included in the conference registration); check the venues, they're all different
The Toulouse Global Optimization workshop 2010 (TOGO10) welcomes original contributions in the field of Global Optimization (GO): theory, methods, applications.
A celebration for Pierre Hansen's 70th birthday
Pierre is Chaired Professor at HEC, GERAD (Montreal) and a Digiteo Chair Visiting Professor at LIX, Ecole Polytechnique. An influential scientific personality, he is the recipient of numerous academic awards and author of several hundred papers. One might say his main interests are global and combinatorial optimization and mathematical programming, specially when applied to clustering and data mining. It would be closer to the truth to state that Pierre is a true Scholar, whose wisdom delves deep into every facet of human knowledge. He's also a jolly good fellow, which nobody can deny. Happy birthday!
Global Optimization Workshops are organized periodically by members of the GO community:
- Sopron, Hungary 1985 and 1990
- Szeged, Hungary 1995 (WGO)
- Florence, Italy 1999 (GO.99)
- Hanmer Springs, New Zealand 2001 (LETSGO)
- Santorini, Greece 2003 (Frontiers in GO)
- San José, Almeria, Spain 2005 (Go05)
- Mykonos, Greece 2007 (AGO07)
- Skukuza, South Africa 2008 (SAGO08)
- Toulouse, France 2010 (TOGO10)
The workshop dates are 31st August to 3rd September 2010.
For more information about the schedule of the workshop, go to the program page.