Logique linéaire et paradigmes logiques du calcul
Course 2-1 offered within MPRI.
discription of this course is available in French.
Dale Miller, and
Miller speaks on the following dates (Mondays) from 13h15 to 15h45.
- 10 Dec 2012: CANCELLED. Class will be made up.
- 17 Dec 2012: Lecture 1. (1E01 Chevaleret)
- 7 Jan 2013: Lecture 2. (Batiment Sophie Germain room 1009)
Chapter 4 plus Chapter 5 up to (and including) 5.3.
- 14 Jan 2013: Lecture 3. (Batiment Sophie Germain room 1009)
- 21 Jan 2013: Lecture 4. (Batiment Sophie Germain room 1009)
- 4 Feb 2013: Lecture 5. (Batiment Sophie Germain room 1009)
Topic: the LJF and LKF focused proof systems for intuitionistic
and classical logics.
An example exam for Miller's part of the class: pdf.
References and Links
The lecture notes for most of the first four lectures is available in
Below are some documents available via the web that may be of use
in this class.
- Logic for
Computer Science: Foundations of Automatic Theorem Proving,
by Jean Gallier, Wiley, pp. 511 (1986). This book is now out of print
but available for free download.
Proofs and Types by Jean-Yves Girard, Paul Taylor, and
Yves Lafont. Cambridge University Press. This book is now available
from a number of sources for free download. Try the link above to
find locations for downloading.
Theory as an Alternative to Model Theory by Dale
Miller. Argues that the theory of proofs should also be
considered a foundations for the design and justification of logic
Logic, Higher-order, by Dale Miller.
A short article for the
Encyclopedia of Artificial Intelligence: Second Edition,
edited by S. Shapiro, 1992.