- Portal on Geometric Sciences of Information.
- Editorial boards:
- 20+ jurys of PhDs, HDRs, and Promotion and Tenure.
- Conference (co)organizer:
- Geometric Sciences of Information (GSI, 2017), France.
Geometrical and topological structures of information, CIRM, August 28th-September 1st 2017, France.
- Geometric Sciences of Information (GSI, October 2015), Ecole Polytechnique, Palaiseau, France.
- Computational information geometry for imaging and signal processing (ICMS, September 2015), Edimburgh, UK.
- Geometric Sciences of Information (GSI, September 2013), Ecole des Mines, Paris.
- Indo-French workshop on Matrix Information Geometries: Applications
in Sensor and Cognitive Systems Engineering (MIG 2011)
- MIRAGE Computer Vision/Computer Graphics Collaboration Techniques and Applications (MIRAGE 2009)
- Emerging Trends in Visual Computing (ETVC 2008)
- 10th Franco-Japanese, 5th Franco-Chinese Conference on Combinatorics and Computer Science (selected articles published in
Theoretical Computer Science, Elsevier)
- Reviewer for funding agencies:
- Czech Science Foundation (GACR, CZ)
- European Commission FP7 Expert
- French National Agency for Research (ANR, EU)
- Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences (UK)
- Jacques Hadamard Foundation (FMJH, FR)
- Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO, NL)
- Research Foundation Flanders (FWO, BE, Belgium)
- PC of 20+ conferences:
- Differential Geometry on Computer Vision and Machine Learning(PC, CVPR'17)
- 13th Asian Conference on Computer Vision (ACCV 2016), Taipei, Taiwan, 2016
- IEEE Diff-CV, CVPR Workshop on Differential Geometry for CVPR, 2016
- Joint IAPR International Workshops on Structural and Syntactic Pattern Recognition (SSPR)
and Statistical Techniques in Pattern Recognition (SPR), (S+SSPR 2014)
- International Workshop on Similarity-based Pattern Analysis and Recognition (SIMBAD 2013), Springer LNCS
- Geometric Science of Information (GSI 2013), Springer LNCS
- ICML-WDDL 2013: ICML Workshop on Divergences and Divergence Learning, June 20, 2013, Atlanta, Georgia.
- IAPR Machine Vision Applications, May, 2013, Session Chair,
- IEEE Workshop on 3D Cinematography (CVPR 2012), PC
- IEEE International Conference on Sound and Signal Processing (ICASSP 2012), Session chair
- International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV 2011), Area Chair
- Information Theory in Computer Vision workshop (ITinCVPR) (in conjunction with ICCV 2011), PC
- 23eme colloque du traitement du signal (GRETSI 2011), PC
- International Conference on Voronoi Diagram (ISVD 2011), PC
- European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases (ECML-PKDD 2011), PC
- Conference Francophone d'Apprentissage (CAp 2011), PC
- European Conference on Machine Learning (ECML 2010), PC
- International Symposium on Voronoi Diagrams (ISVD 2010), PC
- Advanced Concepts for Intelligent Vision Systems, PC (ACVIS 2008-2011), PC
- IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2010), PC
- MIRAGE Computer Vision/Computer Graphics Collaboration Techniques and Applications, Program co-chair, Springer (MIRAGE 2009), PC
- IEEE Workshop on 3D Cinematography (CVPR 2007), PC
- ACM Symposium on Computational Geometry (SoCG 2007), PC
- IEEE Workshop on 3D Cinematography (CVPR 2006), PC
Computer Graphics and Applications (IEEE, CGA),
Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine (CMPB, Elsevier),
Discrete Applied Mathematics (Elsvier, DAM),
Fuzzy Sets and Systems (FSS, Elsevier),
International Journal of Computational Geometry (IJCGA, WorldScientific),
Information Processing Letters (IPL),
International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR),
Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers (IEICE, Nonlinear Theory and Its Applications - NOLTA),
International Conference on Theory and Practice of Algorithms in (Computer) Systems (TAPAS),
IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing (J-STSP),
Journal of Machine Learning Research (MIT, JMLR),
Information Processing Letters (IPL, Elsevier),
Linear Algebra and Applications (LAA, Elsevier),
The Visual Computer Journal (VCJ, Springer),
Signal Processing Letter (IEEE, SPL),
Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (IEEE, TKDE),
Transactions on Image Processing (IEEE, TIP),
Transactions on Information Theory (TIT, IEEE),
Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI, IEEE),
Transactions on Signal Processing (IEEE, TSP),
Pattern Recognition Letters (PRL, Elsevier), etc.
ACM SIGGRAPH (US),
ACM SIGGRAPH Asia,
IEEE Conference on Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR),
European Machine Learning Conference (ECML),
European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO),
IEEE Information Theory (ISIT),
IEEE Information Theory Workshop (ITW),
IEEE IEEE Sensor Array and Multichannel Signal Processing (SAM),
International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV),
International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE),
International Conference on Computer Graphics, Visualization and Computer Vision (WSCG),
Symposium on Theoretical Aspects of Computer Science (STACS),
Symposium on Rendering (EGSR),
Symposium on Computational Geometry (SoCG),
Workshop on Algorithms and Computation (WALCOM),
- IEEE senior member: member of the IEEE Computer Society (CS), member of the IEEE Signal Processing Society (SP), member of the IEEE Information Theory Society (IT),
- ACM, senior member
- Best practical paper award, IAPR Machine Vision Applications, 2013.
- Grand Prize of Digital Technologies ANR Awards, 2013. (GAIA ANR-07-BLAN-0328 on computational information geometry)
- International Conference on Pattern Recognition, best scientific paper award (2008)
- European Conference on Artificial Intelligence, best scientific paper award (2006)
- Sony CEO, project award (2003)
- Nicograph (Computer Graphics association in Japan), Grand prize award (2000)
- Media coverage:
Canal+, TF1, Les Echos, NAB 2002 (Sony Fourthview), Sony Dream World 2002, NHK (Japan TV), ATV, RCI (France-Antilles), Janus Magazine, etc.
- English-French-Japanese dictionary of terms used in information geometry
- Foreign research stays:
- 1993: Univeristy of Odense (Denmark), Computer Science Dept. (3 months).
- 1995: Max Planck Institute (Germany), Algorithms Dept. (1 month).
- 1996: University of Tokyo (Japan), Information Science Dept. (3 months).
- 1996: University of Hong Kong (ROC), Computer Science Dept. (2 weeks).
- 1999: University of Beer Sheva (Israel), EE and Mathematics Dept.(1 month).
- My Erdös number is 3:
- David Avis, Paul Erdös, János Pach: Distinct Distances Determined By Subsets of a Point Set in Space. Comput. Geom. 1: 1-11 (1991)
- János Pach, Micha Sharir: On Vertical Visibility in Arrangements of Segments and the Queue Size in the Bentley-Ottmann Line Sweeping Algorithm. SIAM J. Comput. 20(3): 460-470 (1991)
- Alon Efrat, Matthew J. Katz, Frank Nielsen, Micha Sharir: Dynamic data structures for fat objects and their applications. Comput. Geom. 15(4): 215-227 (2000)