STREAM is a Computer Graphics group, tackling geometric modeling and computer animation problems. Our main focus is the extraction and representation of structure contained in static or in dynamic 3D contents. Understanding and modeling structure enables us to process contents in a unified way, were they captured data, simulation results, or rough user input such as sketches. The identified structures and correspondences can be used for meaningful content visualization, manipulation and editing, for fast design of structurally-similar contents, for data completion and replication of details, as well as for shape and motion transfer with automatic adaptation to a new context. Our research benefits from the variety of technical backgrounds of team members, which range from expressive shape design and animation to geometry processing and computational geometry.
The STREAM team is part of the LIX (Laboratoire d’informatique de l’Ecole Polytechnique), CNRS UMR 7161.
A “Happy Family” card game (jeux des 7 familles) dedicated to Computer Scientists is edited by Interstices.
Marie-Paule Cani is featured as a member of the HIM family.
Three papers have been accepted in ACM SIGGRAPH Asia 2018
– Mean value coordinates for quad cages in 3D. Jean-Marc Thiery, Pooran Memari, Tamy Boubekeur. ACM TOG, Proc. ACM SIGGRAPH 2018.
– Multi-directional Geodesic Neural Networks via Equivariant Convolution. Adrien Poulenard, Maks Ovskanikov. ACM TOG, Proc. ACM SIGGRAPH 2018.
– Continuous and Orientation-preserving Correspondences via Functional Maps. Jing Ren, Adrien Poulenard, Peter Wonka, Maks Ovsjanikov. ACM TOG, Proc. ACM SIGGRAPH 2018.
And one paper has been accepted to ACM Transactions on Graphics.
– Damien Rohmer is program co-chair of the ACM SIGGRAPH / EUROGRAPHICS Symposium on Computer Animation – SCA – 2018, with Maud Marchal (IRISA INSA). SCA will take place on 11-13th of July in Paris.
– Pooran Memari and Maks Ovsjanikov, are program co-chair of the EUROGRAPHICS Symposium on Geometry Processing – SGP – 2018, with Tamy Boubekeur (Télécom ParisTech). SGP will take place on 9-11th of July in Paris.
– Marie-Paule Cani was the ACM SIGGRAPH 2017 paper chair.