Post-doc positions — Deep Learning for Text/NLP
The Deep Learning for Text/NLP Data Science& Mining group (DASCIM team) led by professor Michail VAZIRGIANNIS at Ecole Polytechnique is seeking 2 post-doctoral researchers in the area of “AI/Machine Learning for Graphs and Text”. The appointment would be for one year, with possible renewal for additional years.
More specifically topics are:
- Abstractive summarization with end to end architectures
- Unsupervised NLP (i.e. sense induction, disambiguation, unsupervised summarization/paraphrasing)
- deep learning for text streams – the case of # prediction in twitter.
- text generation algorithms for document understanding
The candidates must have at least two of the following skill sets:
- Sound mathematical background (Proba/Stat, Linear Algebra,)
- Experience in Text Retrieval & Mining (recommendation algorithms, text categorization opinion/sentiment mining, text generation)
- Deep Learning skills (with recent architectures, i.e. transformers, GNNs)
- Very good programming skills (including Python)
- a recent Ph.D. degree in either: Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering
- analytical skills and creative thinking with a hard working attitude
- a sound publication record with visible impact
Funding: Competitive funding (salary, travel budget, budget for interns) for up to 36 months.
Interested graduate students should send by email to Prof. M. Vazirgiannis (
- a cover letter including presentation of their academic record, motivation of the candidate.
- a full CV with detailed grading information for the acquired degrees.
The postdoctoral researchers will be based in the Informatics Laboratory (LIX) of Ecole Polytechnique in the broader area of Paris. Ecole Polytechnique is the premier engineering University of France (highly ranked internationally according to the latest University rankings) leading institute of the “Institute Polytechnique de Paris”. Famous scientists (including Nobel prize and Field medal recipients) and industrial leaders are alumni of the school, offering an exceptional environment for research in the centre of the fast growing excellence pole of Saclay few km south of Paris. Ecole Polytechnique is as well the main founding member of the new INSTITUT POLYTECHNIQUE DE PARIS federating some of the best engineering schools of France. The DaSciM group has already a significant impact in local and international research and industrial activities. Additionally, it offers ample computing resources and facilities in the University campus.
See further details at:
DASCIM group: http://www.lix.polytechnique.fr/dascim/
LIX @Ecole Polytechnique: http://www.lix.polytechnique.fr/en
Ecole Polytechnique: https://www.polytechnique.edu/en
M. Vazirgiannis scholar page: https://scholar.google.fr/citations?user=aWGJYcMAAAAJ&hl=en