Applications are invited for 2 Post-doc positions available in the period 2020- 2023.
The broad work area is “AI/Machine Learning for Graphs and Text”.More specifically topics are:
• deep learning for text streams – the case of # prediction in twitter.
• text generation algorithms for document understanding
• deep learning for graph & graph node embeddings.
The candidates must have at least two of the following skill sets:
• Sound mathematical background (Proba/Stat, Linear Algebra,)
• Experience in Text Retrieval & Mining (recommendation algorithms, text categorization
opinion/sentiment mining, text generation)
• Deep Learning skills (with recent architectures)
• Very good programming skills (including Python)
- a recent Ph.D. degree in either: Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics.
- analytical skills and creative thinking with a hard working attitude
- a sound publication record with visible impact
Funding: Competitive funding (salary, travel budget, budget for interns) for up to 36 months.
Interested graduate students should send by email to Mrs. Jessica GAMEIRO (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- a cover letter including presentation of their academic record, motivation of the candidate.
- a full CV with detailed grading information for the acquired degrees.
The postdoctoral researchers will be based in the Informatics Laboratory (LIX) of EcolePolytechnique in the broader area of Paris. Ecole Polytechnique is the premier engineering University of France (highly ranked internationally according to the latest University rankings). Famous scientists (including Nobel prize and Field medal recipients) and industrial leaders are alumni of the school, offering an exceptional environment for research in the centre of the fast growing excellence pole of Saclay few km south of Paris.Ecole Polytechnique is as well the main founding member of the new INSTITUT POLYTECHNIQUE DE PARIS federating some of the best engineering schools of France. The DaSciM group has already a significant impact in local and international research and industrial activities. Additionally, it offers ample computing resources and facilities in the University campus. See further details at DASCIM group: http://www.lix.polytechnique.fr/dascim/