Department of Information Technology
Email: sophia.knight at gmail.com
I am a postdoctoral researcher at Uppsala University in the Theory for Concurrent Systems group. My research focuses on analysing knowledge and the flow of information between interacting agents, particularly in security applications such as anonymity protocols. I have studied this problem from various perspectives: various modal logics with an epistemic focus, process algebra, games, and topological models. I am currently working on a logic for analyzing the effects of asynchronous communication on knowledge as well as an ATL-style logic for modelling agents' abilities and knowledge under uncertainty. I am also developing a constraint programming language with modal information, in order to reason about knowledge and information flow among agents in a distributed system. Finally, with Aybüke Özgün I have worked on topological semantics for dynamic epistemic logics.
From 2013 to 2016, I was a postdoctoral researcher at LORIA at Université de Lorraine, in Hans van Ditmarsch's CELLO team.
I received my PhD in 2013 from LIX at Ecole Polytechnique.
My supervisors were Frank Valencia and Catuscia Palamidessi.
I was in the COMETE team. My dissertation analysed the flow of information between interacting agents, using game semantics, modal logic, and process calculus.
I received my Master's degree from McGill University's School of Computer Science in 2009.
My supervisor was Prakash Panangaden.
I was in the Reasoning and Learning Laboratory.
My thesis was about a game semantics for a
process algebra modelling information flow between agents in anonymity
Conference and Workshop Papers
- S. Knight, B. Maubert and F. Schwarzentruber. Asynchronous Broadcast Logic. Accepted for publication, Mathematical Structures in Computer Science, 2017. Special Issue for ICTAC 2015. [pdf]
- H. van Ditmarsch, S. Knight and A. Özgün. Private Announcements on Topological Spaces. Accepted for publication, Studia Logica, 2017. [pdf]
- H. van Ditmarsch, S. Knight and A. Özgün. Announcement as Effort on Topological Spaces. Accepted for publication, Synthese, 2017. [pdf]
- K. Chatzikokolakis, S. Knight, C. Palamidessi and P. Panangaden. Epistemic Strategies and Games on Concurrent Processes. ACM Transactions on Computational Logic, 13(4): 28:1-28:35, 2012. [pdf]
- S. Knight, B. Maubert and F. Schwarzentruber. Asynchronous Annoucements in a Public Channel. ICTAC 2015, Springer, LNCS 9399, pp. 272-289, 2015. [pdf]
- S. Knight and B. Maubert. Dealing with Imperfect Information in Strategy Logic. SR 2015. [pdf]
H. van Ditmarsch, S. Knight and A. Özgün. Announcement as Effort on Topological Spaces. TARK 2015, EPTCS 215, pp. 283-297, 2015. [pdf]
- H. van Ditmarsch, S. Knight and A. Özgün. Arbitrary Announcements on Topological Subset Spaces. Proceedings of EUMAS 2014, Springer, LNCS, 8953, pp. 252-266, 2014. [pdf]
- H. van Ditmarsch and S. Knight. Partial Information and Uniform Strategies. Proceedings of CLIMA '14, Springer, LNCS 8624, pp. 183-198, 2014. [pdf]
- H. van Ditmarsch, S. Knight and A. Özgün. Arbitrary Announcements on Topological Subset Spaces. ICLA 2014. [pdf]
- N. Ferns, D. Precup and S. Knight. Bisimulation for Markov Decision Processes through Families of Functional Expressions. Horizons of the Mind. A Tribute to Prakash Panangaden, Springer, LNCS 8464, pp. 319-342, 2014. [pdf]
- S. Knight, C. Palamidessi, P. Panangaden and F. Valencia. Spatial and Epistemic Modalities in Constraint-Based Process Calculi. Proceedings of CONCUR '12, Springer, LNCS 7454, pp. 317-332, 2012. [pdf]
- S. Knight, R. Mardare and P. Panangaden.
Combining Epistemic Logic and Hennessy-Milner Logic, in Dexter
Kozen's Festschrift published as Logic and Program Semantics, Springer, LNCS 7230, eds. Robert Constable and Alexandra Silva, pp. 219-243, 2012. [pdf]
- A. Barco, S. Knight and F. Valencia. K-Stores: A Spatial and Epistemic Concurrent Constraint Interpreter. Proceedings of WFLP '12, 2012. [pdf]
- K. Chatzikokolakis, S. Knight and P. Panangaden. Epistemic Strategies and Games on Concurrent Processes. Proceedings of SOFSEM '09, Springer, LNCS 5404, pp. 153-166, 2009. [pdf]
- S. Knight and B. Maubert. Epistemic Strategy Logic. Workshop on Formal Methods in AI, 2017. [slides]
- S. Knight. A Strategic Epistemic Logic for Bounded Memory Agents. Workshop on Logics for Resource-Bounded Agents, ESSLLI 2015. [pdf] [slides]
- S. Knight. Games on Concurrent Processes: Epistemic Strategies. SecCo '08, 2008. [slides]
- The Epistemic View of Concurrency Theory. Defended 20 September, 2013. [pdf]