This Mathematics in Computer Science Special Issue follows on from the third workshop on Numerical Software Verification (NSV-3) that was held in Edinburgh, Scotland, on July 15th, 2010, as part of the Federated Logic Conference FLoC 2010, affiliated with the Conference on Computer Aided Verification CAV 2010 and the Symposium on Logic in Computer Science LICS 2010.
This Special Issue is dedicated, but not limited, to papers resulting from this workshop.
ScopeThis MCS Special Issue is dedicated to the current development and future prospects on applying logical and mathematical techniques for reasoning about numerical aspects of software. The scope includes the following topics:
- Models and abstraction techniques,
- Specifications of correctness for numerical programs,
- Formal verification of numerical programs,
- Quality of finite precision implementations,
- Propagation of uncertainties, deterministic and probabilistic models,
- Numerical properties of control software,
- Hybrid systems verification,
- Validation for avionics, automotive and real-time applications,
- Validation for scientific computing programs,
- Benchmarks and tools for numerical software verification.
Submitted mansucripts should be prepared using LaTeX and according to the
instructions for authors available
on the MCS webpage, and submitted via easychair.
There is no strict page limit, but we expect the length of papers to be approximately between 15 and 20 pages.
All submitted papers will be refeered according to the usual MCS refereeing process.
If a submission is accepted, then LaTeX sources must be provided.
Submission deadline: November 30, 2010 (extended).
Initial reviews: March 4, 2011.
Revised version: April 25, 2011.
Final decision: May 30, 2011.
Expected publication: Summer 2011.