Directives for compiling the following C++ programs under Windows(R)
You also need to install The OpenGL(R) Utility Toolkit (GLUT) for compiling some of these programs.
To compile these programs under Microsoft(R) Visual Studio .Net(R), you need to proceed as follows:
- Launch the IDE application Microsoft(R) Visual Studio .Net(R)
- Create a new project (Ctrl+Shift+N) or select this action using the menu: New->Project...
Snapshot 1 JPG
- Create a new Visual C++ Project Win32 Console Project.
Give the project name the filename.cpp without the .cpp extension.
(For example traits-numerics.cpp shall be project traits-numerics).
Snapshot 2 JPG
- Save and close your project. Replace in the directory C:\filename, the automatically created file filename.cpp
by the example program filename.cpp. Then restart Visual Studio .Net(R) and open again this project:
Snapshot 3 JPG.
Build the application either by pushing the F7 key or by selecting the "Build Solution" from the menu.
- Push F5 to run the program. Here is the output we get for filename=traits-numerics.
Snapshot 4 JPG