I semester 2008/2009
081106 thu ISC610A cours+TD (AM)
081113 thu ISC610A cours+TD (AM)
081120 thu ISC610A cours+TD (AM)
081127 thu ISC610A cours+TD (AM)
081204 thu ISC610A cours+TD (AM)
081211 thu ISC610A cours+TD (AM)
081218 thu ISC610A cours+TD (AM)
090108 thu ISC610A exam
- AMPL is A Mathematical Programming
Language. Optimization problems coded in AMPL look very close
to their corresponding mathematical formulation.
- Each problem instance is coded in AMPL using three files: a model
file (extension .mod), a data file (extension .dat)
and a run file (extension .run).
- The model file contains the mathematical formulation of the
- The data file contains the numerical values of the problem
parameters. Different data files for the same model file correspond to
different instances of the same optimization problem.
- The run file specifies the solution algorithm. This may be
implemented in an external numerical solver, such as CPLEX, or
coded by the user in the AMPL language itself. We will often use a
combination of the two.
- The student edition of AMPL can be downloaded here for either
UNIX or Windows platforms. Download and install, from the same
webpage, the solvers CPLEX, MINOS,
- AMPL, CPLEX, MINOS and SNOPT student editions should already
be installed in the computer labs.