Christos Giatsidis is currently a Post-doctoral researcher in the Computer Science Laboratory at Ecole Polytechnique in France. He received his Diploma in computer Science from the Athens Univ. of Economics & Business, Greece in 2009 and his PhD from Ecole Polytechnique, under the supervision of Prof. Michalis Vazirgiannis .
In 2014 he received a "thesis prize" for his thesis entitled "Graph Mining and Community Detection with Degeneracy"
He has experience in both the research and industrial domain. Specifically, work on the industrial domain includes :
- developing an automatic summarization module for video/audio conferences
- data analysis with interest in predicting incoming calls for multi-topical and nation wide call centers of an international insurance company
- designing big data database schema's for usage in analysis of medical historical data
- building prediction models for email services
- working on a component failure prediction model for a big aeronautics company
- predicting a players obsession for a large French company in the gambling industry