Spring 99, CSE 428: About The final exam
- The final exam will take place on Wednesday May 5, 2:30-4:20pm in 262 Willard.
- It's a "closed book" exam. However, I will bring with me a copy of
Sethi's book, and students will be allowed to consult it briefly
for definitions etc.
Preparation for the exam
You can find here a collection of exercises
similar to those which will
be assigned in the exam.
For several of them the solution is
The exam is comprehensive, and the topics will be represented, roughly,
in the following percentages:
- 1/3 on the material up to MT 1 (exercises of groups 1-5).
- 1/3 on the material between MT 1 and MT 2
(exercises of groups 6-8)
- 1/3 on the material after MT 2 (exercises of groups 9-11)
Bonus for "no answer"
An ancient proverb says "If you know that you don't know,
you are already a step ahead on the way to knowledge".
Following this principle, the midterm offers a
bonus for "no answer": If you
don't know the solution to one question, you may choose
to give "no answer" (by leaving blank the space for the solution).
For each question to which you give no answer you will receive a
bonus of 10% of the maximum score for that question.
If you start writing the answer, and later you wish you had left it
blank, just draw a line over your answer and write the word "BLANK" in
Previous midterms and exams