Course on Privacy and Quantitative Information Flow - Venice 2016
- Frank McSherry. Privacy Integrated Queries:
An Extensible Platform for Privacy-Preserving Data Analysis. In Proceedings of the 35th ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data, ACM, pp. 19-30, 2009.
This paper reports on the design and implementation of the Privacy
Integrated Queries (PINQ) platform, which provides an implementation of differential privacy on a SQL-like language.
Presented by Heider Wahsheh
Arpita Ghosh, Tim Roughgarden, and Mukund Sundararajan. Universally Utility-maximizing Privacy Mechanisms. SIAM Journal of Computing, 41(6), 1673-1693, 2012. A preliminary version of this paper appeared in the Proceedings of STOC, 2009.
This paper shows that the geometric mechanism and the truncated geometric mechanism are universally optimal for counting queries.
Presented by Mauro Tempesta
- Hai Brenner and Kobbi Nissim. Impossibility of Differentially Private Universally Optimal Mechanisms. SIAM Journal of Computing, 43(5), 1513-1540, 2014.
This paper shows that universally optimal mechanisms exist only for counting queries.
Presented by Mohsin Raza Jafri
- Daniel Kifer and Ashwin Machanavajjhala. No free lunch in data privacy. In Proceedings of the 2011 ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of data. ACM, pp. 193-204. 2011
This paper critically analyzes the privacy protections offered by differential privacy.
Presented by Bruno Quintavalle
- Daniel Kifer and Bing-Rong Lin. An Axiomatic View of Statistical Privacy and Utility. Journal of Privacy and Confidentiality, volume 4, issue 1, 2012.
This paper discusses the principles that privacy and utility measures should obey.
Presented by Francesco Palmarini
- Reza Shokri, George Theodorakopoulos, Carmela Troncoso, Jean-Pierre Hubaux, and Jean-Yves Le Boudec.
Protecting Location Privacy: Optimal Strategy against Localization Attacks.
In the 19th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security, 2012.
This paper discusses location privacy and shows how to construct optimal mechanisms (for a given prior) for protecting location privacy when using Location Based Services.
Presented by Giampietro Basei
- Arvind Narayanan and Vitaly Shmatikov. De-anonymizing Social Networks. In Proceedings of the 2009 30th IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy. IEEE Computer Society, pp. 173-187, 2009.
Presented by Marco Fiorucci