Chili con Carne
Ingredients (for about 8 servings)
- 1 onion, 1 carrot, 1 stalk of celery, some parsley and 2 cloves garlic
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 600 gr minced meat (beef or mixture of beef and pork sausage)
- 350 gr of dried red beans or 800 gr of canned red beans
- 250 gr sweet corn
- Spices: ground cumin seeds (a lot!), ground coriander seeds, paprika, sesame seeds, black pepper, 4-5 cloves, 1 bay leaf, dried origano
- 1 stock cube
- salt to taste
- olive oil
- hot fresh peppers (green and/or red) to taste
- fresh coriander, minced
- finely striped lime skin
If you use dried beans, then cook them in salted water.
Mince the onion, carrot, celery, parsley and garlic, put in a pan with oil and fry on high heat while mixing with a wooden spoon.
Add the meat and stir on high heat until cooked.
Add the stock cube, let it dissolve, then add the spices and stir.
Put the tomatoes in boiling water, remove the skin, mince them, add them to the pan and stir.
Let cook for 20 minutes on low-medium heat.
Add the beans and stir. Let cook for 10 minutes on low heat.
Add the corn and the peppers. Let cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
Add the minced fresh coriander and the stripes of lime skin.
Buon appetito! - Catuscia