Instructions for the moderator/maintainer of the Comete mailing list
- Every time a new member or visitor for more than one week arrives in comete, insert his email in the mailing list. Ask him whether he wants to be removed at the end of his stay, and do so if this is the case. Pass the list of people who want to be removed to the next comete list admin
- Make sure you get the messages that are being filtered (the “bounce” option)
- Distribute as soon as possible the urgent messages
- Erase from time to time the messages that should be discarded
- The mailing list receives important messages from people at INRIA, LIX, especially throu other mailing lists like [personnel-turing-sif].
When you receive a message of this kind, not only you have to distribute it, but it is also recommended to add the email of the sender to the comete mailing list, with the option nomail (so they in the future their messages to comete will be distributed automatically, but they will not receive emails sent to comete). An example of a person with this status is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Furthermore, when you add them, add them silently (so they do not receive notification) otherwise they may think it's spam and unsubscribe