Important: Speakers located at the on-campus guesthouse should visit this page.
From Paris airports to RER B:
- From Charles de Gaule (CDG) Airport: From airport CDG terminal 1 or 3, take the special bus/train that brings you to the RER B station. From airport CDG terminal 2, walk directly to the RER B station.
- From Orly airport:
Take the train Orlyval to Antony and commute to the RER B station.
From any RER B station to Ecole Polytechnique:
- Follow the step-by-step visual tutorial to get to the Ecole from any RER B station.
- Or, if you prefer a written description:
Take any train/RER going in the direction Saint-Remy-les-Chevreuses (South) and get off at either Massy-Palaiseau (= Preferred d Option 1) or Lozere (= Option 2). Be careful since not every train that goes to the end-point St Remy-LaChevreuse stops at Lozere or Massy-Palaiseau. Please make sure to check the overhead board in your RER station to confirm the stations.
- Preferred Option 1 (= From Massy Palaiseau to Ecole Polytechnique): get off at Massy-Palaiseau and take the bus Albatrans number 91-06 to get off at stop "(Polytechnique) Lozere" winter time table.
- Option 2 (= From Lozere to Ecole Polytechnique): Get off at Lozere and follow the Ecole Polytechnique signposts, leading to stairs going uphill through the forest toward the Ecole Polytechnique. This should take about 15 minutes but can be a bit exhausting, especially if you carry your luggage with you.
The main Ecole Polytechnique website also features detailed instructions on how to reach the campus.
Acknowledgment: This direction page was shamelessly ripped adapted from a previous one created and improved by F. Nielsen and O. Bournez.